Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

How do you longe line a dog that simply runs around you in circles? I've been wondering about it for a while now. I've started "formal" training with Mozart when he turned 4 months, started it very casually with longe line work for a few weeks, before I had even attempted anything else.
So far I think I absolutely failed to make a dent in the longe line training or heeling for that matter. Probably part of the problem is the time of the year. It's dark in the morning and dark at night and very hard to find any decent distractions. Another part of the picture is his age, probably. He is just not here at all,  you put him on the longe line and he starts galloping around you tossing sticks, leaves and whatever else he finds in the air. Clinical ADD case in my opinion:-)

Today I've decided to use Belle's assistance - tied her to the fence as I was doing longe line work. That worked much much better, so I think we made a tinny bit of progress in this department.

No comments:

Post a Comment