Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Utility

Today I took Brandy through the utility exercises. Boy, do we have a lot of work to do! I am hoping to put a foot into the utility ring before 2012 runs out, so hopefully it's doable.
Articles: I had to shorten the distance drastically. I think I might have to send her to articles without a turn for a while:-(
Directed Jumping: I was able to pick this up almost at the same place where we left, maybe it's because we really never had the finished product.:-)
Moving stand: will have to build up the distance, currently at the full distance she is coming to front rather than heel.
Signals: Down and Sit are not too bad, but we lost "come" and "finish"
Gloves: I didn't do the utility gloves exercise, instead we worked on the "clock". I think, and I am scared to say this, we are getting close to the "light bulb" turning on in Brandy's head.   Several times in last few times we worked on it, she went to where I was pointing although I knew that she couldn't see the glove I was sending her to and she could definitely see a glove next to it, so maybe there is a hope for us here after all.
Go Outs: we ran out of time to do go outs, but I am pretty sure that this one is in pretty bad shape also.


No comments:

Post a Comment