Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gotta Love Mornings

5:30am alarm goes off.  I am pretending that I haven't heard it. Wet nose pokes me in the face.
Mozart, wagging his stub, I am sure of it although I can't see it:  "its time to get up!"
Me: " I know, but I am too tired"
Mozart, poking me with his big wet nose again: " It's time to get up!"
Me: " It's still dark outside. Leave me alone"
Mozart: "Ok, then I will join you". Hops onto the bed.
Me:  "Ok"
Mozart: "pet me!" Wet nose pokes under my arm.
Me: "Leave me alone"
Mozart: "Pet me , pet me" More wet nose under my arm.
I turn away.
Mozart: "Ok, grumpy, I'll just rest my head on your hip."
Few seconds later.
Mozart: "This is boring" 
Mozart exists the bed.
Me: "Fine!"
Brandy: "U-m-m-m, u-m-m-m-m. Did you forget about me?!"
Me:  "ok, you can come over and snuggle"
Brandy happily jumps on the bed. rolls around snorting then plumps her behind right under my nose.
In meantime, Belle in the kennel downstairs.
Belle:  "I know it's morning. Let me out!"
Me, under my breath: "Be quiet Belle"
Belle:  "OMG, I can't stand this anymore. LET ME OUT!"
Me, a little bit louder: "Shut up"
Mozart comes back into the bedroom.
Mozart: "What?! she is on the bed and I am not?!" Jumps onto the bed and trying to jam his big body into a narrow space between me and the husband, whacking him with his paws.
The Husband: "Get the F$$$ dogs off the bed!" 
Me: "Dogs! Off the bed!"
I guess it's time to get up.
you can't be mad at the husband, he had been struggling with a pinched nerve in his shoulder and Mozart gracefully whacked him right into the shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment