Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Our first hike, well sort off:-)

I can be very stubborn, as those who know me can attest to. If I had decided that I really want something - hell and high water, but 99% I will do it. The hiking idea had been  occupying me since the day I had found that trail I mentioned earlier. This past Saturday I had finally decided that this will be the day when I go and have a look at it.

After I had finished bunch of things I had  on my list, including washing all of the dogs and grooming Brandy it was just after 7 pm. I checked the calendar, found out that sunset is at 8:30 and figured I should have enough time to go and have a look at that trail. My husband, who knows me pretty well, didn't even try to talk me out of it. He, however, insisted that I take a pocket knife, a GPS that I got for him to take on the hunting trips and his cell phone, as I was unable to find mine:-) I think if this state would allow for a concealed carry he would insist that I would take a handgun as well:-) Well, I can't really blame him for wanting to keep me safe.

By the time I reached the trail it was almost 8 o'clock. Even though the sunset was 30 min away, under the trees it was pretty dark, but stubbornly I kept on walking. The trail was following a creek and originally I was hoping that I will find a remote spot that would allow me to let my dogs take a swim in it, but to my huge disappointment a trail and the creek was separated by ivy and other vegetation making the  creek practically inaccessible. Brandy was happy as pie, I switched from a 6 ft leash to 15 ft line and that gave her plenty of room to  explore. As we were walking I started to hear some grumbling noises. As they were pretty remote I had convinced myself that it must be sounds of traffic. On the way back the sounds got louder and much closer together, that made it pretty clear the storm is coming.  Brandy who cannot handle a storm in the middle of the night didn't seem to be to concern this time though:-)

I started getting worried that my cell phone will get soaked wet, so Brandy and I jogged out way back. We had just enough time to get tot he car and drink some water before the rain hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment