Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 4

I had a horrible dream last night. I dreamed that I had missed docking appointment, that instead I was going to our obedience class( which we never do in the middle of the day:-)  ) and then half way realized that I had forgotten about the appointment.  I was very happy when I woke up and realized it was a dream. I have to say that I had been seriously sleep deprived since Thursday night. I didn't sleep well on Thursday, partially because my throat was on fire, partially because Brandy was digging in her whelping box. After that I am waking up every time puppies start squeaking when Brandy gets up and changes location which seems to be happening every hour or so, so I had been getting no more than 6 hours of sleep in one hour intervals.I think that would pretty much explain my nightmares:-)
We had a docking appointment at noon. I wanted to make sure that puppies will not get cold, so I took a towel put it in the cardboard box, loaded all the puppies and covered them with part of that towel, took Brandy and off we went. Brandy went for the ride because I wanted to check a lump near one of her breasts.
When we came to the vet's office I was still worrying about puppies getting cold, so they brought in a box with a heating pad at the bottom to keep the puppies warm, then looked at me and asked: " Is this your first litter?". I felt quite silly, I guess I looked like a husband whose wife is having their first child and he is just sitting in the waiting room all stressed.:-)
After tails were done we still had to hang around waiting for results of Brandy's needle aspiration. I really like going to this vet's office, they seemed to be pretty relaxed about certain things.  The tails were done right in front of me and then he called me in the back to show the cells under the microscope. This time looking at the microscope was much less exciting than when we went there for pre-breeding tests, I was too worried and just wanted him to tell me what he sees. Luckily he thinks it's just a cyst.
Here is the picture with the tails docked:


No comments:

Post a Comment