Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mozart

Before I write anything else today, I have to say that I absolutely hate whatever blogger did with the site. I cannot find anything, all the buttons changed and got moved around - very frustrating!

I thought that it;s time for Mozart to make appearance  on the blog, poor puppy had been neglected long enough.
Mozart currently eats kibble. I think both of us dream of the day when he can start eating real food. The reason he eats kibble is because his breeder said that she had a problem with the litters from Mozart's damn that puppies were growing too fast on the raw diet. I have to learn whole bunch of new stuff, just because I got myself a dog of a different size. You see, the large size puppies, unlike mid size or small dogs, have to be raised with special care to protect their joints. It's very bad for any puppy to grow too fast. When puppy grows too fast it damages puppy's joints and if not corrected quickly will mess up the dog for the rest of his/her life. This is why you should never feed puppies the puppy kibble, if you feed kibble you can just feed the adult version of it.
Anyway, Mozart is taught to sit politely and wait for his food to be prepared. For that purpose, I put a small bathroom rug in the kitchen. When it's time for Mozart to eat, I ask him: "Are you ready for your food?" and place him sitting on that mat. Then I pick up the dish, put kibble in it and add some water to make it moist and then drain the water before I feed him. If Mozart gets up and wonders around while I am doing it, I just put him gently back on his mat in the sitting position. Unfortunately Mozart decided that he will not only get up and walk around, but he thinks that he should be jumping on me and barking so I would hurry up with his food. I get really annoyed with it, at first I would just put the dish down and put him back on the mat, but it didn't seem to get the point across, so I finally decided to do the following: as soon as he starts jumping and barking at me, I would put the dish on the counter and walk out of the kitchen. After the barking stops and he looks at me with great confusion, I would go back, place him on the mat and start working on his food. If he barks again, I repeat the same thing. After doing this just a couple of times, he figured out that he better keep quiet if he wants to eat any time soon.:-)
It looks like yesterday, or rather day before that Mozart ate something he should not have, so I took him off the food for 24 hours. Every time I would walk into the kitchen to do stuff, he would sit himself on the mat, in hope that he would get his dinner. Poor puppy. But today he is back to normal self and eating well.





No comments:

Post a Comment